Monday, May 30, 2005

Search for a digital camera

Been hoping to get a new digital camera for ages. My old one was a RM50 Kodak camera, which mum got me for my birthday.

I started wanting to learn photography long before i joined the Flickr community. But i just couldn't afford having spending an awful lot of money on developing the films. So i pestered dad to get me a new digital camera with lots of manual functions, not those point-and-shoot ones.

When dad step into FotoZoom a couple of days ago, the salesman caught his attention with the Canon Digital IXUS 700 and the Canon Digital IXUS 50. The IXUS 50 is a bit smaller and weighed less than IXUS 700. Personally, on the physical side, i prefer the IXUS 700.

The image “http://www.canon.com.au/images/products/ixus%20700%20front%20angle%20small.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.<-IXUS 700The image “http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/canon-powershot-SD400-tm.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.<-IXUS 50

Most of the features are about the same, according to the salesman. Only of course, one is a 7-megapixel, the other a 5-megapixel.

I mentioned that i wanted one that i can operate manually. I'm not very familiar with camera stuff, but i googled for both cameras and found that both doesn't have manual focus. Does it really matter if i'm learning photography? I dunno. Anyway, I'll have to tell dad about that.

I'm not very good when it comes to choosing digital cameras, and so is dad. So to avoid buying the camera that is not suitable for myself, i've been doing a lot of reading reviews and figuring out what white balance and things like that is. An online Digital Camera for Dummies would help a lot, if there is one.

Urghh... Headache...Getting a suitable camera can be so frustrating sometimes.