Sunday, March 13, 2005

Popular stock clearance at Summit

Since when do Malaysians become book lovers? I didn't think many Malaysians read books until today, at the Popular stock clearance at Summit USJ.

I arrived at about 8 p.m. and it was already crowded. The first thing i saw was the three Robert Ludlum: The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Untimatum. Each's original price was RM33.90. I bought all three and got a 20% discount
only. It still burned a hole in dad's pocket.

The craziest prize knock-down was the cookbooks. I think it was because cookbooks doesn't sell fast, Popular put a
90% discount on all cookbooks. Most of them costs about RM9.90, which means each sells for around RM0.99. Is that cool or what?

I hanged around there reading the third Darren Shan book of the Cirque du Freak series. I never dreamed of actually finding the book here in Malaysia. I don't know. The first two books i got from fellow bookcrossers in the US. I tried looking for other books of that series but can't find any.

Finished the book at around 10 p.m. There were about 100 people in the queue. No kidding.

Glad that we Malaysians finally picked up the reading habit. Or was it because they were 99 cents?